Tuesday 17 February 2015

Lion Rampant IX

To face the mounted men at arms i completed for Sir Henry Bodrum's retinue I decided to push on and finish a unit for his opposite number Sir Robert de Groucey.  As for the first unit I completed, I went for a mix of Knights and men at arms, all figures are from the Fire forge range.



For Sir Robert i added a couple of shield transfers from the old Bretonnian range, then painted over them as they were white and wanted them in yellow to match his colour scheme.


For the standard bearer I utilised a paint package and some clip art to produce something relevant. I didn't like how the yellow turned out so have given it a rough re paint, which I think looks better. Still not 100% happy with the flag and may change it.



These guys have now finished off the retinue for Sir Robert. I have now turned my attention to completing some more  mounted men at arms for Prince Williams retinue as well as prepping figures for the Fitzwalters

5 comments:

  1. Great job, especially Sir Robert de Groucey, very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking figures, nice use of transfers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice work Scotty! I really need to get back into my guys!

    ReplyDelete